QUICK START GUIDE
New Faculty Orientation
- Human Resources coordinates a day-long conference coupled with a guidebook, newsletter and monthly events for new faculty.
- Learn about:
- Your department administrator will coordinate with you to set up direct deposit to your financial institution.
- For more on payroll and technicalities, visit University Payroll Services and/or contact the Academic Personnel Office at (352) 392-2477.
Tenure and Promotion
- Tenure requirements at the University of Florida, usually include teaching, research, and service. The review process includes university (Presidential and Academic Personnel Board), college, and department levels.
- To determine university-level expectations, appropriate forms, and links to other relevant information, visit the Office of Academic Affairs
Service Requirements for Tenure
Check with your department and/or your college about which activities count as service for you.
Service activities can include:
- Departmental committees
- Membership in professional organizations
- Attending graduation ceremonies
- Advising students
- Serving on thesis committees
- Faculty Senate
- Professional organizations
- Sharing teaching experiences through faculty development events, and so on
View the list of University Committees on which faculty members may serve.
OFFICIAL UF REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
UF Regulations and Policies can be found on the General Counsel's website.
For more information, view the Faculty Handbook sections on Teaching and Students.
The UF Counseling Center provides excellent student resources:
Identify and clarify the ethical standards of your field and in your class at the start of the semester.
RESEARCH: GRANTs AND FUNDS
Office of Research has a wealth of funding information and links. Visit the site for help on the Division of Sponsored Research section or consult their Researcher's Handbook.
The Business Services Division is the central office for all things related to: