Skip to main content
Questions on orientation?
- Check the Human Resources website for New Faculty Orientation, to find dates and locations for upcoming orientation sessions. During orientation, you will learn about UF policies and procedures, benefits and financial services, technology resources, campus information, faculty organizations, and much more.
About retirement plans and other benefits?
- You will receive benefits information from Human Resource Services during the New Faculty Orientation. Your benefits options vary. You can review faculty benefits on the UF Human Resource Services website.
My first paycheck?
- For more on payroll and technicalities, visit University Payroll Services and/or contact the Academic Personnel Office at (352) 392-2477.
Questions on tenure?
- There are several requirements for tenure at the University of Florida , usually including teaching, research, and service. The review process includes university (Presidential and Academic Personnel Board), college, and department levels.
- To determine university-level expectations, appropriate forms, and links to other relevant information, visit the Office of Academic Affairs website.
What sort of activities count toward the service requirements for tenure?
- Check with your department and/or your college about which activities count as service for you.
- Service activities could include departmental committees, membership in professional organizations, attending graduation ceremonies, advising students, serving on thesis committees, Faculty Senate, professional organizations, and so on.
- Check out the list of University Committees on which faculty members may serve.
Official UF Regulations and Policies?
About student grade appeals? Student behavior?
Suspected case(s) of cheating or plagiarism?
Apply for a research grant and funds?
Academic Technology/IT Questions
Questions on support for classroom media services, instructional technology and technology enhanced teaching/learning?
Questions on faculty Gatorlink accounts? E-mail services?